Visa Requirements

Sponsored · What is this?

    Belgium Special Talent Visa Requirements For Nigerians

    Belgium Special Talent Visa Requirements For Nigerians

    Home > Belgium Visas > Belgium Special Talent Visa Requirements For Nigerians

    Belgium Overview

    Belgium is a low-lying country on the North Sea coast in the Benelux. With the majority of West European capitals within 1,000km or 622 miles of the Belgian capital of Brussels, and as a member of the long-standing international Benelux community, Belgium sits at the crossroads of Western Europe. Its immediate neighbours are France to the southwest, Luxembourg to the southeast, Germany to the east and the Netherlands to the north. It imports large quantities of raw materials and exports a large volume of manufactured goods, mostly to other EU countries

    Eligibility requirements for Belgium Special Talent Visa

    A visa (generally known as Schengen Visa) is required for citizens of Nigeria.

    Different countries often have different procedures for different types of visa applications (Study, Visit, Business or Work). However, the process for a Nigerian securing a visa into any country, particularly, European countries can be very daunting.

    Nigerian nationals need to produce a Schengen visa to enter any European country, no matter the duration of their stay and no matter the kind of travel document they have, except they have a valid residence permit that enables them to stay in the European country or another country of the Schengen zone. There are no border controls between any of the European countries within the Schengen Zone. Typically, a Schengen visa will grant you access to 25 other countries including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
    Although, a visa granted for any Schengen member is valid in all other countries that have signed and implemented the treaty. But be careful: not all EU members have signed the Schengen treaty, and not all Schengen members are part of the European Union. This means that there may be spot customs checks but no immigration checks (travelling within Schengen but to/from a non-EU country) or you may have to clear immigration but not customs (travelling within the EU but to/from a non-Schengen country).

    Europe/Schengen typically issues two major visa categories

    Short Term and Long Term Visas

    The Short Term Visa

    A Business, Tourism, Family and Friend Visa are considered short term visa. The business visa is required if during any portion of the visit applicant intends to conduct business or commercial activities. E.g.; Meetings, Conference, Trainings, Trade Fairs, etc; Such visas can only be issued to travelers not being paid for work by an entity within the country. If the applicant intends to undertake paid work in the country, he or she needs to obtain a work permit visa.

    The Long Term Visa

    Long Term Categories are: Studies, Family Stay, Employment, Marriage, Re- entry and Medical reasons

    Visas for visits exceeding 90 days are considered National visas, and are issued by member states in accordance with national legislation. All visa applicants for Europe are advised to visit the Joint Visa application centre in Lagos to submit their applications for Long stay.

    Embassy will direct applicants further with regard to application submission for long term, documents, visa fee and the processing time taken.

    If you liked the country and wish to stay longer than 90 days, as non-EU foreigner will need either a long-stay visa (valid for up to 6 months) or (residence permit). Visa-exempt visitors may be able to acquire a residence permit inside the country after entry, but consulates do not recommend this route due to processing times for the permits and that the permit must be obtained within the initial 90-day period of stay. Discuss with your Travel Agent, Advisor or Mentor before you embark on this journey.

    See the documents required section for more information.

    Documents required for Special Talent Visa

    Depending on the purpose of your travel, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Visa, accordingly.
    Here is a list of suggested documents for a work / special work / performance / artist visa

    Employment/Offer/Work Reference Letter Instructions
    You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.

    Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company’s full address and telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.

    The letter should include all of the following information: the specific period of your employment with the company, the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position, full details of your main responsibilities in each position, your total annual salary plus benefits, the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company, a business card of the person signing

    Proof that you meet the Requirements of the Job/Work Being Offered Instructions
    If your intended occupation/work in the country is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required license or certification.

    Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

    Proof of Membership Instructions

    Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

    If you are required to become a member of an association, include your membership document.

    Labour Market Impact Assessment (Different for most countries but still the same meaning)
    A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in the country must usually get before hiring a foreign worker.

    An LMIA assesses whether there are citizens available to do the job. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no citizen worker can do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a Confirmation letter.

    Employment/Work Contract Instructions

    You must submit a written employment contract with details of your job and the conditions of your employment.

    To ensure there is a fair working arrangement between you and your employer, an employment contract must show that the requirements of the immigration program you are applying for are met in the agreement.

    The contract should outline mandatory employer-paid benefits, including:

    Job duties for each job

    Hours of work
    Accommodation arrangements (including room and board, if applicable)
    Holiday and sick leave entitlements
    Terms of resignation or termination
    Transportation to the country from your country of permanent residence or the country of habitual residence to the location of work in the country
    Medical insurance coverage provided from the date of your arrival until you are eligible for country specific health insurance
    Workplace safety insurance coverage for the duration of the employment
    All recruitment fees, including any amount payable to a third-party recruiter or agents hired by the employer that would otherwise have been charged to you

    Employment Records Instructions
    You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:

    Be an official document printed on company letterhead
    Include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
    Show all positions held while employed at the company
    Include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.

    CV/résumé Instructions
    A curriculum vitae or résumé is a brief description of your
    Qualifications; and
    Work experience (main duties for each job).
    It should also include your current job title and the city and country where you currently live. Please see the International Experience résumé template for more information.

    For performing artist, you will need

    Invitation letter from the authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit, expense coverage

    Names of the applicants (crew members)

    Duration of stay

    Travel itinerary (All the places you will visit)

    The official invitation copy

    Identity of applicant

    Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)

    Duration of stay

    Place of accommodation

    General Documents that must be included in your application:

    At Travel Lounge we believe there is a general rule of thumb. Before you consider applying for a Visa, you will need to provide the following required information below (Most of this information is applicable to any other country):

    1) Proof of Means of Financial Support Guide
    a. Your bank statements for the past four to six months
    b. A bank draft in convertible currency
    c. Pay stubs
    d. An employment letter
    e. Proof of assets or business
    f. Tax reports, declarations or statements
    g. A letter from the person or institution providing you with money

    2) Passport Guide
    a. The page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.; and
    b. Any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

    3) Proof of Financial Resource of Sponsor (if applicable) Guide
    a. Sponsors bank statements for the past four to six months
    b. A bank draft in convertible currency
    c. Pay stubs
    d. An employment letter
    e. Proof of assets or business
    f. Tax reports, declarations or statements
    g. A letter from the person or institution providing you with money

    4) Proof of Relationship (if applicable) Guide
    a. Marriage certificate
    b. Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
    c. A birth certificate (If your child is inviting you)
    d. An official document naming you as a parent (If your child is inviting you)
    e. A copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

    5) Purpose of Travel - Other Guide
    a. Your flight ticket departing the country (return ticket – reservation only until visa has been issued),
    b. Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking)
    c. Proof of a medical appointment / insurance. (where applicable)

    6) Family Information
    a. Children details
    b. A birth certificate
    c. An official document naming you as a parent

    7) Invitation Letter Guide
    a. You must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to the country. The letter must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee.
    b. The letter should state the purpose and length of the visit, the nature of the relationship between you and the host, the contact information of the host, etc.
    c. If you are being invited to conduct business in the country, a letter of invitation should be printed on the company’s letterhead and include:
    d. the host’s full name, title and business contact information
    e. a brief summary of the reason for the invitation, including details of the business or trade to be undertaken
    f. the full names of all employees from your company who are being invited by your host
    g. the intended duration and a detailed itinerary of the visit
    h. a statement specifying who will be responsible for all travel-related expenses

    8) Travel History Guide
    a. You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States/United Kingdom/Canada as well as previous travel history to any other country. This can include copies of
    b. your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
    c. entry and exit stamps
    d. study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country (if applicable)
    e expired or valid visas
    f. boarding passes
    g. If you hold a valid visa from the United States/United Kingdom, Canada or Europe, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa.
    h. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

    Check list / Procedure for Visa Application include:

    Filled out and signed visa application form

    Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.

    Passport-type photograph

    Photocopies of the passport and ID card. The applicant must provide photocopies of the original passport and ID card, including copy of all visas (valid and expired)
    Visa application form. Visa application form filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant.

    Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.

    Medical travel insurance

    Bank Statement. Copy of a recent bank statement showing proof of sufficient funds (at least $60 per day).

    Employment Letter. A letter from your employer/school (on business letterhead, with contact details), stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job. If you are self-employed, include a copy of your business license and tax return. If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.

    Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations.

    Host's Bank Statement. If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in the country, please provide a copy of that individual's bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc).
    Good Luck!

    Cost / Fees for Belgium Special Talent Visa

    The VISA fee varies depending on purpose.

    The current Visa fee is 60 Euro (For business, tourism, family and friend visit)
    Updated fees can be found on VFS Global website

    The current Visa fee is N21900 for student, Family Reunion, Employment, Training, Medical and Official assignment. (please check with VFS Global Website, this might have changed)

    Processing time for Belgium Special Talent Visa

    Visa processing period takes between 2 to 14 days. It can also take up to two months depending on the nature of your application.

    Important information for Belgium Special Talent Visa

    Be careful: not all EU members have signed the Schengen treaty, and not all Schengen members are part of the European Union. This means that there may be spot customs checks but no immigration checks (travelling within Schengen but to/from a non-EU country) or you may have to clear immigration but not customs (travelling within the EU but to/from a non-Schengen country).

    The Schengen Zone is not necessarily the same as the European Union (EU). Not all EU states are part of the Schengen zone and not all Schengen states are part of the EU. As such, when you go to an EU member state that does not participate in the Schengen agreement, you will be subject to their completely separate visa, entry requirements and passport control systems. The most notable example of an EU non-Schengen member is the United Kingdom. Newer EU member states Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprusand Romania are not yet part of the Schengen zone but will do so in the future. Likewise, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein are examples of Schengen zone members that do not belong to the EU.

    The Schengen Zone only covers immigration controls whilst the EU is effectively a customs union. Therefore, you do not need to pass through customs when travelling between a Schengen and a non-Schengen EU country, but you will need to pass through immigration controls (e.g. UK to Germany or vice versa). The converse is true for travel between EU and non-EU Schengen countries: you must pass through customs, but not immigration (e.g. Switzerland to France or vice versa).

    Belgium Embassy in Abuja
    9, Usuma Street, Maitama

    Belgium Consulate in Lagos
    Dredging International Service Nigeria, 35 A - Alfred Rewane Road, Ikoyi

    Source and other useful links

    Select your specific area of interest below:

    Published by Justin
    at 20:57 PM on March 22, 2016
    Last Updated: about 4 hours ago.

    share this post on your social media:

    Share your experience with Belgium embassy

    It appears you are not signed in. You will not be able to edit or delete your comments or any message posted on this site Click here to sign in or register to join the family

    No comment here. Be the first to share your experience

Sponsored · What is this?